Westfield Elementary School
School Community Council 2016-17
Purposes of the SCC: Act as an advisory council; Be a communication vehicle between the school and communities to dialogue issues of concern; Be an ambassador/advocate for the school to communities and Focus on increasing students achievement.
Did you know that Westfield Elementary has a School Community Council (SCC)? Westfield’s SCC is made up of parent representatives, administration, PTA, Alpine School Board, faculty and staff. We meet monthly and discuss issues concerning the students at Westfield. We are involved in the following areas:
- School Improvement Plan. As a team, we help come up with this plan yearly.
- Professional Development Days. We give suggestions for teacher development days and even attend some of these meetings.
- Safe Routing. We help negotiate safe walking routes for students and adequate busing. As a team we are concerned for the safety of each student.
- Trust Land Money. We help plan how Trust Land Money is spent at Westfield each year.
- Other Issues that Pertain to Westfield Elementary School
The Westfield Elementary Community Council meets the third Wednesday of each month at 9:30 am in room 144 unless otherwise indicated. Anyone is welcome to attend.